We wanted to update those specialists out there that the new AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 software has launched. Not everyone is going to need to know this but we know our other AutoCad features were well received. If you didn’t know; the building information modeling (BIM) solution for civil engineering, helps customers to work more efficiently.
I have never used AutoCad, but my colleague has, he used to work for the city council and used to be an urban planner, so he was quite excited about the release. He noted it is the biggest upgrade they have ever done, and he is looking forward to seeing the results.
Customers can purchase the new AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 here
This is what they had to say in the release;
Civil 3D provides the BIM advantage and tools to deliver more innovative design solutions:
– Enhanced alignment layout and tools enable easier sharing of drafting and design standards across organizations
– An intelligent, 3D model-based application dynamically updates related design elements when changes are made
– Interactive 3D simulations and visualizations help to better evaluate project performance and communicate design intent
– What-if scenarios such as stormwater simulation help optimize performance before projects are built
– Geospatial data can be used to perform analysis and help evaluate existing conditions
AutoCAD Civil 3D can help customers design, analyze, and visualize projects more efficiently.